Check out our volunteer opportunitites! If you are interested in getting involved, e-mail Catherine@Live54218.org with your name, contact information, and at which event you would like to volunteer.
We typically offer 2-3 hour shifts so that you have the opportunity to enjoy a portion of the event at which you are volunteering. We also encourage adults to volunteer with their children.
Worldwide Day of Play – Saturday, September 20; 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Children’s Museum (http://www.gbchildrensmuseum.org/programs/nickelodeon-presents-2014-wwdop/ )
Live54218 will be helping coordinate the Worldwide Day of Play event. This event was created by Nickelodeon 10 years ago as a way to get children to get up, get out and go play! The Green Bay Children’s Museum is hosting the event again and we will there with our twister board and button maker joining in the fun.
- 1. Volunteer at the Live54218 Table (2 Volunteers Needed): Make buttons with kids, put tattoos on kids, and engage families about Live54218.
- 2. Volunteer at the Live54218 Twister Board (2 Volunteers Needed): Calling out commands and playing twister with the kids.
*Since the event is just a bit over 3.5 hours long, there will be just the one shift from 8:30am – 12:15pm.
Going Big in the Bay – Saturday, October 4; 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at Joannes Skate Park
Live54218 will be at The 5th Annual Going Big in the Bay skateboarding event and fundraiser. There will be skateboarding demos and contests all day. The event is a cultural initiative which quickly turned into a community fundraising effort to build an additional street plaza and expand the opportunity for skateboarding in a safe and fun environment within the City of Green Bay.
- Volunteer at the Live54218 Table (2 Volunteers Needed per shift): Make buttons with kids, put tattoos on kids, and engage families about Live54218.
* Shifts: 10:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Represent Live54218 at Community Events!
Contact Catherine@Live54218.org for details
Part of Live54218's strategic plan is to engage in education and community outreach to spread the message of healthy eating and active living throughout the Greater Green Bay Area. We are always looking for volunteers to help share the message at community events. From making buttons with families to sharing tips on how to eat healthy and stay active, there is something for everyone. Get involved and help build a healthier Greater Green Bay Area!
Farm to School Harvest of the Month Taste Tests
Contact Ashley@Live54218.org for dates and times
Harvest of the Month highlights a produce item that is grown in Wisconsin as part of a our comprehensive Farm to School Program. We need YOUR help to expose students in the Greater Green Bay Area to these tasty items! Volunteer in school cafeterias providing samples to students and asking them to vote on how they liked the item. Contact Ashley@Live54218.org to get involved!
Sign up today and get a Live54218 t-shirt for volunteering with us!
Five Reasons to Volunteer
1. Civic engagement is positively linked to academic achievement:
- Students who participated in school required community service were 22 percentage points more likely to graduate from college than those that did not and were more likely to have improved their Reading, Math, Science, and History scores.
- Similarly, students who performed voluntary community service were 19 percentage points more likely to graduate from college than those that did not.
2. Volunteering connects you to others - new friends and new contacts.
3. Volunteering is good for your mind and body- enhances self-confidence, fights depression (social isolation), and helps you stay in shape.
4. Volunteering can advance your career by providing experience and enhancing skills.
5. Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life.