Check out our volunteer opportunitites! If you are interested in getting involved, e-mail Melinda@Live54218.org with your name, contact information, and at which event you would like to volunteer.
We typically offer 2-3 hour shifts so that you have the opportunity to enjoy a portion of the event at which you are volunteering. We also encourage adults to volunteer with their children.
Sign up today and get a Live54218 t-shirt for volunteering with us!
Bellin Children's Run and Fun and Bellin Run Health and Fitness Expo- Friday, June 7 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Kids deserve their own time to shine while enjoying healthy activities. The Children’s Run & Fun Event takes place on Friday in conjunction with the Bellin Run Health & Fitness Expo and is held in Astor Park. We will be handing out fun give-a-ways, making buttons, and cheering on the kids who are running. Come join the action!
Savour Green Bay - Friday, June 21 (4:00 pm - 10:00 pm) and Saturday, June 22 (11:00 am - 9:00 pm)
Savour Green Bay brings together local food, lifestyle and music to the heart of downtown Green Bay on June 21 and 22, 2013. Music performances, a culinary marketplace, and interactive activities for the entire family complement local restaurants, breweries, and wineries featured at the event. Come hang out with Live54218 near the Children's Area. We need help leading Live54218 relay races and manning the Live54218 information table.
Mayor's Kid Day- Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
A day to celebrate kids! Join Live54218 in on the City Deck in the morning to help out with the Kids Fun Run, or head over to Leight Park at 10:30 for some fun Live54218 activities!
Five Reasons to Volunteer
1. Civic engagement is positively linked to academic achievement:
- Students who participated in school required community service were 22 percentage points more likely to graduate from college than those that did not and were more likely to have improved their Reading, Math, Science, and History scores.
- Similarly, students who performed voluntary community service were 19 percentage points more likely to graduate from college than those that did not.
2. Volunteering connects you to others - new friends and new contacts.
3. Volunteering is good for your mind and body- enhances self-confidence, fights depression (social isolation), and helps you stay in shape.
4. Volunteering can advance your career by providing experience and enhancing skills.
5. Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life.