Check out our volunteer opportunitites! If you are interested in getting involved, e-mail Catherine@Live54218.org with your name, contact information, and at which event you would like to volunteer.
1. Event/volunteer option and time(s) you wish to volunteer
2. T-shirt size if you don't already have a Live54218 t-shirt.
Here are the events and times:
Packers Project Play60 – Saturday, March 7; 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Lambeau Field Atrium (http://www.live54218.org/stay-connected/community-calendar/view/413/)
Project Play60 is an event put on by the Green Bay Packers each year to promote physical activity among area youth. Kids can do touchdown runs, gauntlet runs, throw a ball, kick a ball, try out the blow up rock climbing wall and trampolines or head up to the fourth floor for fitness classes with Live54218. Each hour we will have a different instructor teach a fitness class.The fitness classes we will be offering are Yoga from 10-11am; Centergy from 11am-12pm; Zumba from 12-1pm and 1-2pm; Yoga from 2-3pm; and Hip-Hop from 3-4pm.
1-2 more volunteers needed for Project Play60 to assist with fitness classes from 1pm - 4:15pm (Encourage participation in the fitness classes, get kids excited, participate with them and help them get the moves down.)
Kids Food Event – Thursday, March 19; 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. at Children's Museum of Green Bay
Kids Food Event will offer a fun, healthy and food-focused atmosphere where families can try healthy, nutritious foods created by local chefs, while learning about proper nutrition. Local chefs – chosen to participate through a contest in which they submitted ideas for creative, tasty, kid-friendly recipes – will prepare those recipes with hopes of winning the “Kids Good Food Award.” In addition to featuring local chefs, there will be a number of other healthy food-focused activities available for kids and their parents as well as admission to The Children’s Museum of Green Bay.
5 more volunteers needed for Kids Food Event from 3:30pm - 7pm
We typically offer 2-3 hour shifts so that you have the opportunity to enjoy a portion of the event at which you are volunteering. We also encourage adults to volunteer with their children.
Represent Live54218 at Community Events!
Contact Catherine@Live54218.org for details
Part of Live54218's strategic plan is to engage in education and community outreach to spread the message of healthy eating and active living throughout the Greater Green Bay Area. We are always looking for volunteers to help share the message at community events. From making buttons with families to sharing tips on how to eat healthy and stay active, there is something for everyone. Get involved and help build a healthier Greater Green Bay Area!
Farm to School Harvest of the Month Taste Tests
Contact Ashley@Live54218.org for dates and times
Harvest of the Month highlights a produce item that is grown in Wisconsin as part of a our comprehensive Farm to School Program. We need YOUR help to expose students in the Greater Green Bay Area to these tasty items! Volunteer in school cafeterias providing samples to students and asking them to vote on how they liked the item. Contact Ashley@Live54218.org to get involved!
Sign up today and get a Live54218 t-shirt for volunteering with us!
Five Reasons to Volunteer
1. Civic engagement is positively linked to academic achievement:
- Students who participated in school required community service were 22 percentage points more likely to graduate from college than those that did not and were more likely to have improved their Reading, Math, Science, and History scores.
- Similarly, students who performed voluntary community service were 19 percentage points more likely to graduate from college than those that did not.
2. Volunteering connects you to others - new friends and new contacts.
3. Volunteering is good for your mind and body- enhances self-confidence, fights depression (social isolation), and helps you stay in shape.
4. Volunteering can advance your career by providing experience and enhancing skills.
5. Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life.